Friday, February 20, 2009

Running through my mind

Let's take a look at what all is running through the mind of Ryan Peace on this cold February day.

Last week, it was 70 degrees and I got to wear shorts. Then it got cold over the weekend. 2 days ago, it was close to 70 again. Today, it feels like its in the 30s. I'm kinda ready for spring to get in gear and stick around.

March Madness is one of my favorite times of the year, and probably my absolute favorite sporting event. I love filling out my brackets and watching hours and hours of basketball for 4 weekends. But this year, I'm kinda anxious to see what's gonna happen. If you haven't noticed, my Cats have been struggling a bit lately and have lost 4 of their last 5. We started out 5-0 in the SEC and now, well...we're tied with 3-4 other teams for first in the SEC East with 4 losses. Kentucky really needs to step it up if they want to have a chance of making the Dance. Last year they flirted with not getting in, but apparently this year our chances are slimmer. We've made it 17 straight times, and I would hate the streak to end this season. So this for my Cats...step it up and win big, or just simply win the SEC tourney in 4 weeks. Actually, I would love it if you could do both. Thanks. GO CATS!!

On that same note, the Tops are looking to be in good position to win the Sunbelt tourney again this year. For the most part, they've played pretty consistently and pretty well, but we've had a few bad losses for every really good win. We solidly beat Louisville in November, but after losing to Murray St. by close to 30 pts. We've also had bad losses to Evansville and Denver, and then a few heartbreakers. But we've had some other solid, hard fought conference victories too. So if they play well the last few weeks and take their A game to Hot Springs, AK with them, we'll hopefully be seeing the Tops in the Big Dance again this year! GO TOPS!!

I was supposed to go see Dave Barnes in concert tonight at Exit Inn in Nashville, but as of yesterday afternoon, it was sold out. It made me really sad. I've been looking forward to it for a while, but I guess since he signed a bigger record deal, he's of course gotten more popular. And it's in Nashville, where he got his start. That teaches me to wait until the day before to try to buy Dave Barnes tickets. Oh well...

I really need to find a place to live in Louisville.

I'm glad it's Friday. :)

If I write anything else, it will just be really random and really long. So yeah. The end.

No comments: