Thursday, September 10, 2009

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

I just realized that it's been almost a month since I've really given an update or anything...holy cow. Well as promised, here's my update on life. I could easily sum it up in a word - busy. But that would make for a terrible blog. Although, some of my past posts could rival that in terms of being pointless or just dumb. Admit it, they made you laugh because they were trying so hard to be funny, which actually means that they accomplished their goal. Anyway, that really makes no sense and is absolutely irrelevent to my life. Haha...sometimes I crack myself up. I know...you don't get it. Moving on....a lot has happened in the last month or so, so I'm just gonna hit the high points about what I've been up to and what's been happening in the life of yours truly. It may be a little long, so consider yourself warned. And away we go...

The ULSD DMD Class of 2013 had our White Coat Ceremony on August 22. It was a really cool day. UofL views the ceremony as our 'official induction' to the field of dentistry. It was held at Southern's Alumni Chapel, so it was really nice. We were 'coated' by our advisor, got a picture with the Dean, recited the Dentist's Pledge. It may not sound like a big deal, but they make it a pretty special day. All of our families were there, and we all look pretty legit now. If you heard me talk about it at all back in the spring or even recently, you know I was excited about it...no point in trying to hide it, haha.

I've gotten involved with a ministry called The Post. It's a ministry of Southeast Christian Church, but you don't have to a member of the church to be involved, and I'm still looking for a new church, so that works out great. For those that don't know, it's a college age/young adult ministry that strives to reach UofL's campus and Louisville as a whole. I've met some really great people there, and some good friends from home and dental school go as well. I've even seen WKUers there, when they're not away at school. I really enjoy going. They meet on Tuesdays, kinda like 180, lol. But the preaching is always great and Biblically solid, and I really come away challenged and thinking every week. And the worship is awesome. God has really been using it all to show me areas where I need to grow and make changes. I think He's been trying to get at me for a good while, and together with my quiet time, which I'm happy to say is still going strong, I'm starting to be sensitive to what He's saying to me. God is good. :)

School's going well. It's gotten tougher, and I feel like I should be studying all the time, and of course I don't. Gotta work on that, haha. But yeah, I'm still enjoying it, despite the long lectures and ridiculous amounts of notes. For example, our first physiology test covered 3 weeks of material, which amounted to 140 pages of notes. That's like an entire semester's worth of notes in a bio class at WKU. Each exam is cumulative too, so it's gonna get tougher. But, gotta do it! And I'm slowly getting better at the dentistry part of it. Just gotta keep practicing...good thing we have 2 years before we touch a patient, haha!

I wrecked my car last week. It wasn't my fault- someone pulled out in front of me. We were both within 2 blocks of our homes, and it was rush hour...great timing, huh? Long story short, my car got the better end of the deal- their's was totaled, mine had bumper damage. They considered totaling it because of the age of my car, but it was only about $2000 worth of damage, so their insurance is gonna pay for the repairs. In the meantime, I'm driving a silver 2009 Volkswagon Jetta. I'm not complaining. :) The more important thing is that noone was hurt. There was a young family in the other car- mom, dad, and 2 yr. old son. The mom was 8 months pregnant, but luckily she was ok. She went to the hospital just to get the baby checked as a precaution, but thankfully God was protecting all of us that day. :)

So yeah...school's pretty much dominating my life right now. Oh, I bought a new movie this week. It was 'A Goofy Movie', which is of course the source of the quote I used for the title of this post. It was only $10...I couldn't pass that up!! And, I'm going to BG this weekend for the first home game against South Florida, and to visit everyone, of course. Just gotta finish my first dental anatomy practical tomorrow afternoon, and I'm hittin' the road. Gonna be a good weekend. :)

No comments: