Monday, May 25, 2009

One awesome weekend


This past weekend was one of the best weekends ever. My best friend Drew got married, and as I mentioned in my last post, it had been a long time coming. I didn't know know exactly what to expect as Allison and I headed down to Paducah on Friday for all of the pre-wedding festivities. I figured it would be stressful and very, very busy. I got part of it right, haha. While we were busy most of the weekend, we surprisingly had a good bit of downtime...at least the guys did. But it wasn't stressful at all. I'm pretty sure Brittany was one of the calmest brides I've ever seen, and Drew was just wast laid-back Drew. One thing I was sure about however was that this weekend would be very special and very memorable, and I was 100% right about that.

I really enjoyed spending time with Drew on Friday night and Saturday morning before the wedding. All of the guys played basketball after the rehearsal dinner Friday night, and I got to share a room with Drew and our good friend Erik. I really enjoyed that time, just relaxing and enjoying time with our boy before he got married. I'm really grateful that I was able to be a part of their special weekend, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Drew has always been a brother to me, and Brittany has always been like a second little sister because she and Allison are so close. Two people couldn't be more right for one another, and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for their new lives together.

There's so much more I wanna say about the weekend but it's really hard to put it all into words. But what can you expect from a great weekend spent with a ton of people that might as well be family?? :)

No comments: