Sunday, May 3, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends

Let me preface this post with this: I did not start to write this with the intention of it turning sappy. It just happened. And be forewarned, there will probably be at least one other sappy post in the next two weeks; I'm graduating, so it's bound to happen. So I apologize in advance if you hate sappy posts and if they make you sad. You'll just have to suck it up. ;) But seriously, I hate reading them as much you do, but I mean every word of it and I'm not meaning to be sad. And with that, back to the blogging...

These last few days have been awesome.
Who am I kidding, the last 4 years have been awesome. I'm so grateful that God has blessed me with such great friends. Simply said, college would suck without friends. The main reason everyone looks so fondly on their college years is because of the memories they have with their friends. Let's be honest: in 10 years, when someone asks me about my years at WKU, my Biochemistry class will not be at the top of my list of things to discuss. Friends help you discover who you are. They're the reason why you have more all nighters at this point in your life than you ever will again. I have spent hours laughing and joking with friends, and those are times that I wouldn't trade for anything. And friends are even more special when they share the same passions as you. Not only are these people my friends, but they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Nothing can ever, ever change that. We're lifelong friends, bonded together forever in Christ. I know I won't keep in touch with everyone after graduation, and I know that some of you will be some of my best friends, no matter where we are in life; but ALL of you have impacted my life in some way. Friends for a year, friends for four, it doesn't matter. You are all special and I thank each and every one of you for your friendship, for the laughs, for the love, and for the memories. I love you all.

No comments: