Friday, June 5, 2009

Fireproof

So I finally watched the movie "Fireproof" tonight. It was really good. And I mean really good. I'm still processing my thoughts on it, but I really wanted to blog about this before I went to bed, so forgive me if this post is all over the place. I'm not even married and feel like I'm a horrible husband...is that weird?? Haha, maybe. I thought it was really cool to see the transformation of a man who didn't "need" God and who disrespected and belittled his wife into a man who couldn't live without God and who learned what it meant to truly, unconditionally love his wife. Its heartbreaking to think that marriages all across the world have to fight that sort of situation daily. What's worse is that most of them don't have any sort of hope. That's why I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus. I know I'm not perfect. I know that when God blesses me with a beautiful, loving wife that our marriage will have really good times and some really rough times. It's gonna take a lot of work between us, and a lot of us depending on God and not ourselves. But you know what...I can't wait. :) And I'm so thankful that God doesn't require us to depend on ourselves. Otherwise, this place would be worse off then it already is. My relationship with God still requires a lot of work. While I know that I don't need to try and depend on myself, I still do it everyday, and the results are disappointing. But thankfully, God gives us grace everyday. Some movies just get ya thinking.... :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Amen, brother. Fireproof was so good. I think I cried throughout the entire movie!