Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let me tell ya about the Class of 2013...

One of my dental school classmates threw a party at his house tonight for our class. It was a 'last night to relax, have fun, and get to know each other' kind of deal, and it was a lot of fun. I got to meet a lot of my classmates for the first time, and I'm pretty sure their names will all run together before I see them again on Wednesday, haha. And funny enough, tonight was the first party I'd been to that had alcohol. I have nothing against alcohol, but going to BCM parties for 4 years and then going to dental school parties...its almost like a different world, haha. I had only been to one other party like that, and that was a sorority dance, so it was still kinda new to me. But it was a lot of fun getting to meet everyone, hanging out, and not stressing out about school while we can. And I think I learned a few things about our class from the roughly 40 of us that were there...

1) Our class knows how to party, and will do it well over our 4 years together. If tonight was any indication, then our class obviously knows how to have a good time.

2) Our class will get along great. It's hard to get a feel from only seeing about half of the class together, but from what I saw tonight, everyone made a point to say hey and spend some time with everyone. It seemed like everyone really got along and had a good time. I feel like all 80-something of us will get along great and will end up being a tight-knit group, and that would be awesome.

3) Our class may like to party, but we'll take school seriously. Hopefully, we won't be all party, all the time. But you've gotta think, we all got into dental school because we did well in undergrad, and they think we've got what it takes to be a dentist. I think our class will study hard and will find a happy medium between that and having a good time. Plus, even in a party setting, we couldn't keep from talking about our classes that we'll be starting soon...we're all nerds at heart, haha.

I dunno...those are just some observations I made tonight, so we'll see. But I'm really excited to see what the next 4 years are gonna bring with these people, and I'm excited to get started and learn all about being a dentist with them. I'm also excited and really curious to see how God is going to use me over the next 4 years. He's already placed some fellow brothers and sisters in Christ in my path, and we've talked about starting a Bible study or prayer group or something like that. That should be really cool. It will give us a small support system of sorts and will give us the opportunity to encourage and serve each other as well as our classmates. Anyway...its late. I'm gonna wrap this one up and get to bed. Hope your week is off to a great start!!

No comments: