Thursday, June 25, 2009

T minus 6 days...

Dental school is just 6 days away. Hard to believe right? I don't know if I can tell you how excited I am about it. While there are a few things that I'm anxious about, the excitement outweighs any reservations I have, at least for now haha. I met with my Big from the sophomore class today, and we spent an hour just talking about school and life. She gave me some great advice, and I was able to ask her questions about what to expect, what was hard for her, what she enjoyed...that kind of stuff. I'm more excited about it after meeting with her than I was before. I'm trying to think of the best way to explain why I'm so excited, but nothing's coming to me. I guess the best way to describe it is that it's like realizing a dream...I dunno. If you know me at all, you know that I've wanted to be a dentist since 7th grade. Not just that, but I feel like its what the Lord wants me to do. Just knowing that in less than a week, I'll be on the road to making it a reality is really, really, exciting. I know it won't all be fun and games, but its still exciting nonetheless.

And a little update on life here in the Ville- it's gotten much better. I think just the idea of the whole transition thing, on top of moving to the biggest city I've ever lived in really overwhelmed me. I've gotten to hang out with friends that are slowly trickling into the city for dental school, and I've gotten in touch with WKU people that live in Louisville too. And slowly but surely, I'm beginning to learn my way around town. Overall, I've just got a better attitude about it, and I know God is helping me adjust. Just gotta do things in His time!! :)

Sidenote- Transformers 2 was AWESOME. And I love NCIS marathons on USA. That is all.

No comments: